To serve the needs of the business, our guest and our colleagues by prompt and courteous service delivery as a Hospitality Ambassador for the hotel.
All members of Food & Beverage Department are responsible for ensuring that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work as a team with colleagues in all department, to ensure timely service and a smooth running operation.
- To understand and adhere to all hotel policies and Standard Operating Procedure with regard to guest service, how to run the operation, personal discipline and grooming.
- Offer a consistently warm, professional welcome and farewell to guests and clients on their arrival at and departure from the catering area, maintaining impeccable posture and presentation at all times.
- Have the bill ready when requested and strictly follow set procedures for collecting payment for restaurant bills, depending on the method of payment.
- Check out with your Supervisor before leaving your station or floor.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- To have a full knowledge of the service and facilities provided by the hotel in order to answer any questions the guests may have.
- Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
- Follow all reasonable work related request made by a Supervisor or Manager which may be outside your normal job activities, to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the hotel.
- Maintain your station in accordance with the standard at all times.
- Develop a complete knowledge of the menus.
- Learn and correctly use the Point of Sale equipment and follow the procedures.
- To maintain strict security measures when entering guest rooms to respect privacy right of our guest.
- Actively participate in all training meetings to continually develop professional skills and increase guest satisfaction.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Carry out all instructions and tasks assigned by the position’s immediate superior, as well as any other responsibilities as required by the role.
- Must have at least 1-3 years’ experience
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
As soon as possible
Duration of the contract
Meliá Desert Palm Dubai
Interested candidates should send their CVs