The American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Human Resources Coordinator.
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to facilitate processes of the Human Resources department in all operational functions. The Human Resources Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. The successful candidate will start immediately.
• Facilitate the selection and recruitment process for staff recruitment
• Assist the academic departments in their faculty recruitment
• Issue employment contracts
• Conduct orientation sessions for new staff
• Co-organize the relocation of new faculty
• Provide all employees with HR support and inform them on the policies and procedures
• Evaluate training needs for staff and develop training courses / outsource training providers
• Maintain office files and filing system and provide administrative assistance and support to the Director of
• Coordinate between the HR department and other departments within the University
• Advertise vacancies in various publications
• Maintain employee absence records (vacation, sick days, business, etc.)
Competencies and Skills Used:
• Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills in English. Bilingual English / Arabic is
• Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multitask
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent track record of customer service and team player attitude
• Strong professional references
Desired Additional Qualifications:
• Previous HR experience in an educational environment
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
This position is suitable for those candidates already resident and under sponsorship in Dubai.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to [email protected]
(Please state the title of the position as the subject of the email)
• Cover letter
• Updated CV
• Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
Angele El Khoury
Director of Human Resources
The American University in Dubai
P. O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.