Civil Engineering Supervisor Vacancy in Dubai
- Ensure effective implementation QHSE polices.
- Manage the contract tender process, including assessment of tenders and the preparation of contractor recommendations to clients.
- Prepare and/or review Bill of Quantities and prepare tender documentation.
- Formalise contractor appointments on behalf of clients and program works to ensure timely commencement and completion of projects.
- Inspect works to ensure that they are constructed in accordance with the egineering designs, contract specifications and authority requirements.
- Monitor the progress of construction works and advise clients of compliance, or otherwise, against project requirements.
- Resolve design issues that may occur on-site, seeking guidance from the relevant Design Engineer when necessary.
- Co-ordinate and attend project meetings, maintain meeting records and agreed actions, and follow through to ensure actions are completed.
- Provide regular project updates to the client in relation to progress and construction issues that may impact on project compliance or cause delays.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the contractor in the delivery of the project, and where required, issue works instructions to contractors during construction.
- Regularly attend site to oversee (and witness) inspections and testing regimes.
- Liaise with relevant authorities that have jurisdiction over projects and ensure project compliance with authority expectations and complete documentation (permits, authorisations etc) as required.
- Review and advise the client in relation to “claims for payment” and/or “variation claims”, and verify claims by contractors prior to client authorising payment.
- Regularly communicate with the client and respond to requests for information.
- Manage the processes of the Defects Liability Period and the issue of Statement of compliance as appropriate.
- Regularly assess and record contractor performance and project competencies.
- Establish, report and follow up all on non-conformance activities.
- Enforce the relevant safety rules at site and make sure personal protective equipment is worn as and where required by the staff under their responsibility.
- Attend coordination meetings organized by client and consultants etc.
- Conduct daily briefing with site team leaders to follow-up and report on the work progress in order to anticipate any possible delays with regards to planned tasks.
- Take immediate corrective action to avoid any cumulative effect of such deviation and recover the delay to finish the task in due time.
- To assist company manager in the supervision and management of construction activities to assigned project.
- Assist in the planning and sequencing of the construction operations according to the Project Quality Plan;
- Conduct regular inspections and assess the work performance done by all subcontractors;
- Evaluate and resolve any discrepancies and problems arising during construction which affect the quality of works performed;
- Attend to Meetings with Owners to solve technical issues and other related matters.
- Coordinate the handing over of completed works to client and completion of the necessary rectification works;
- Provide Technical Support to other site team members.
- Ensure that records are accurate and comply with organisational and legal requirements.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- Produce procurement schedules for the jobs and liaise with the procurement send LPO to ensure site have adequate resources to complete the tasks.
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org